Lockdown2 , here in the U.K , is coming to an end tomorrow 2nd December 2020 , although sadly my city is placed in the highest Tier3 for another 2 weeks. So we are not allowed to mix with other people indoors or outside, in our gardens etc..
Last month, has been challenging for me on many levels. It felt like one whole month without a break and I have been feeling really tired , exhausted and really overwhelmed and drained. You know those days , when you wake up and you just want to curl back to your bed and not be the adult and make any sort of choices- well I have had plenty of days like these in November. It’s crazy how much depends on us and if I am entirely honest, I often wish I had a little less power and less responsibility, right ??
A few days ago, while having a cuppa ( which wasn’t luke warm ), I was flicking through my planner and I saw a note that I wrote all the way in January- it was a quote from the lovely Julie Bogart’s book ” A gracious space “, in which she thanks all parents and homeschoolers for doing what we do and being who we are. It honestly made me feel better and I thought I will share it on here too, in case someone else needs to read it :
- Thanks for getting up in the middle of the night again-with the baby and bed wetter
- Thank you for holding back your tired and angry voice
- Thank you for hunkering down with a curriculum you don’t like but cannot afford to replace right now.
- Thank you for making magic with vegetables and healthy snacks for reluctant to try anything -new kids
- Thank you for excusing childishness
- Thank you for celebrating childishness
- Thank you for being childlike with your children
- Thank you for keeping house as best as you can, in spite of the never ending assault on your house by all the people who love you but love your house less
- Thank you for washing an unending parade of dishes
- Thank you for not falling part
- Thank you for holding it together long after you thought you could not
The work you do is invisible to many , but well known to all of us who lead the same life you do.
” A Gracious Space” by Julie Bogart can be bought on Amazon – https://amzn.to/3odWotU